Another simple healthy dessert with limited ingredients, YES PLEASE!!!
This was actually a Weight Watchers recipe I saw on Everyday Gourmet and let me tell you making this dish was so much easier than taking the photo’s to go with it… I am very slowly working out how to use the Nikon camera that my boyfriend bought a while back. This trusty camera has so many functions and is quite overwhelming but over time I hope to bring you some quality photo’s so please be patient with me.
I love this tasty dessert as it allows me to indulge in vanilla bean pannacotta that is actually good for me!! Can you believe that one scrumptious serving of the panacotta component of this dessert is only 146 calories.. The delicious poached cherries only add an additional 84 calories per serve, therefore a total calorie yield of 230 calories, that is less than a chocolate bar!!
1¼ cups (310ml) skim milk
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
2 tsp gelatine powder
400g Low fat vanilla yoghurt
425g can pitted black cherries in light syrup
½ cinnamon stick
1. Spray four ¾ cup metal moulds or ramekins with spray oil.
2. Place milk in a small saucepan
3. Use a sharp knife to scrape the vanilla seeds out of the pod (discarding the bean) and transfer to the milk
4. Bring the milk mixture to the boil over medium heat
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle the gelatine over milk and whisk until gelatine dissolves (whisk quite rapid here and quickly as you don’t want to get gelatine clumps in your mixture.
6. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature.
7. When mixture is at room remperature, add your preferred low fat vanilla yogurt to the milk mixture
8. Whisk milk and yoghurt mixture until smooth.
9. Pour into prepared moulds and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
Directions (Poached Cherries)
1. Place the cherries (including juice) and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to the boil and then reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Allow cherry mixture to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until completely cold.
To serve, dip each mould briefly in hot water and turn out pannacotta onto serving plates. Serve pannacotta with the poached cherries.