I am very time poor these days so I am always looking for a meal that is easy to prepare without adding millions of ingredients but at the same time is super tasty. I was watching Everyday Gourmet on TV and saw this recipe that I just had to try and let me tell you I am so glad I did because this has become a regular meal in my household!!!
I serve it with 125g cooked basmati rice (135 calories) and 150g of delicious baby bok choy (30 calories) which gives this delicious “Quirky Calorie Approved” meal a calorie yield of 433 calories. You could always serve this with extra bok choy if you wanted to avoid the rice but I love how the rice soaks up the soy poached liquid.
2 x 200g chicken breast
500 ml chicken stock
200 ml water
¼ cup light soy sauce
2 tbs. honey
1 chilli, roughly chopped
2 knobs ginger (roughly chopped)
1 – 2 clove garlic
1 star anise
juice of a lime
1. Add all ingredients besides the chicken into a saucepan
2. Bring ingredients to the boil
3. Lower the heat and add the chicken.
4. Allow to gently simmer gently for 10 minutes
5. Turn the heat off and allow the chicken to infuse in the stock
6. Remove the chicken from the broth and slice each breast into four or five even pieces and serve with steamed rice and steamed bok choy and pour some of the poaching sauce over the chicken and rice.