Why does Christmas in July have to be the only event worth celebrating when these delicously clean “Buckini Cacao Crackles” are well worth a celebration!!
Again my sweet tooth got the better of me… I had devoured the last of my “Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse” so I went all Mother Hubbard but lucky for me there were delicious ingredients in my cupboard allowing me to make these yummy bite sized snacks.
Even the boyfriend loved my “Mini Cacao Crackles” and it is unusual for him to like any of my healthy concoctions.. A calorie bargain if I do say so myself at only 40 calories per serve (based on 26 mini bites).
130g caramelised buckinis (I used Loving Earth)
40g coconut oil
12g raw cacao powder
1 x Tbsp agave negtar (23g according to my spoon)
10g dried coconut
1. Create a double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a saucepan of hot water
2. Add coconut oil and allow to melt
3. When the coconut oil has melted, add the agave (I used only 1 Tbsp as the buckini’s were already caramelised but if you want to add more for sweetness you can but this will affect the calorie’s per serve) and whisk until almost disolved.. It won’t really disolve as the oil does not really allow..
4. Add the cacao powder and stir to combine.. You can add more if you prefer it more chcolatey but remember cacao is bitter so the more chocolatey the taste the more bitter the flavour, you could add more agave but then this alters the calorie’s but just do what you prefer as it is clean anyway 😉
5. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and add the caramelised buckinis and coconut (you can toast the coconut if you prefer a more toasted flavour but as my grill is broken at the moment and I was too lazy to use my oven, I went for the raw option.
6. I scooped these in to heart shaped ice cube trays but you could use mini patty cases
7. Put in freezer for approximately 15 – 20 minutes and then enjoy!!
*** NOTE *** These will need to be kept in either the freezer or refrigerator otherwise they will melt due to the coconut oil