I absolutely must have dessert after dinner….. I have tried many times to silence the chocoholic inside me and although “no dessert after dinner” can be achieved, it is not without crazy cravings that drive me insane!! I went on my search for a dessert that was super healthy while at the same time satisfied my sweet tooth.. I stumbled across an Avocado chocolate mousse. I must say, at first I thought how can this possibly work but I was pleasantly surprised..
Now before I share this delicious dessert that (if made as per quantities stated below) is only 246 calories, I want to also advise you of the amazing nutrition content of the main ingredients:
There are so many benefits from eating avocado, my top ten are as follows:
- Promotes a healthy brain
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Rich in Folic acid
- Promotes eye health
- Good blood pressure
- Helps to prevent high sugar spikes
- Anti-aging propeties
- Promotes digestion
- Prevents Cancer
Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse
2 x avocados (310g)
4 x tbsp raw cacao powder (32g)
2 x tbsp milk (can be skim, almond, soy, etc..)
4 x tbsp dark agave nectar – I used Loving Earth Dark (80g)
2 x tsp vanilla vanilla
2 x small pinches of salt
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds and cut both vertical and horizontal lines (making a checkered pattern) in the avocado halves.
2. Scrape the avocado out with a big spoon into a food processor
3. Add the cacao powder, milk, agave, vanilla and salt to the avocado
4. Process the mixture for 30ish seconds and then scrape the sides down the bowl
5. Continue to process for another 30ish seconds until the mixture resembles chocolate mouse (you may need to stop and scrape again)
6. Scoop in to ramekins and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours
Made your chocolate avocado moose and considering I hate avocado I gave it a go.. So tasty and versatile.. I added a few extra layers to indulge a bit more. Added raspberries, natural yoghurt, blueberrys and broken walnuts on top. Really impressed and so easy to make.. Deffo making it again! Thanks for the amazing recipe!
Thank you Robert, I am so glad you liked it!! That is a great idea to layer the mouse on top with yoghurt and adding the fruit and nuts on top, I am sure it looked amazing.